This workshop has been designed for students who have completed their R02 initial studies, and are ready to fortify their knowledge in the time leading up to their R02 exam.
It's an opportunity to receive input from a qualified trainer in a virtual classroom environment. The trainer will have sat the exam, and can help you to get your knowledge and question-application skills to where they need to be. You will also be able to clarify relevant points and share your learning with other students.
Whilst we can't cover all of the Learning Outcomes in two days, experience has taught us which ones to focus on to make an exam pass most likely.
The R02 exam is made up of nine Learning Outcomes:
- Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviour and correlation of asset classes
(17 standard format questions and 11 multiple response questions)
- Understand the macro-economic environment and its impact on asset classes
(6 standard format questions)
- Understand the merits and limitations of the main investment theories
(7 standard format questions)
- Apply the principles of the time value of money
(3 standard format questions)
- Analyse and explain the nature and impact of the main types of risk on investment performance
(5 standard format questions)
- Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviours and relevant tax considerations of investment products
(15 standard format questions, 7 multiple response questions)
- Apply the investment advice process
(11 standard format questions)
- Understand the principles of investment planning
(8 standard format questions)
- Analyse the performance of investments
(10 multiple response questions)
The R02 Revision Workshop concentrates on some of the key exam areas that are essential for an exam pass:
- Learning Outcome 1. Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviour and correlation of asset classes.
- Learning Outcome 6. Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviours and relevant tax considerations of investment products
- Learning Outcome 7. Apply the investment advice process
- Learning Outcome 8. Understand the principles of investment planning
Delegates will also receive:
- practice tests, so they can apply the learning
- a specimen exam to help prepare for the exam and highlight areas for further revision.
- crib sheets to help revise in the days before the exam
The trainer will spend a lot of time using slides and a 'virtual flipchart' to explain the key concepts. They will also discuss exam-style questions and exam techniques.
The workshops are very intense, and people usually feel their brains are very full afterwards. The key is to get everything written down and then just keep going over it!
To get the maximum benefit from this workshop, delegates will need to have studied their R02 study guide before they attend.
To attend the workshop you will need:
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device with a microphone and web-cam
- A quiet environment in which to carry out the various practice questions that we will be completing throughout the workshop
- Somewhere where you can work undisturbed between 9:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 4:30 on each day