What is BTS e-Learning?
The BTS AF8 e-Learning module is an online learning experience. It consists of:
- background information on the AF8 exam,
- information relating to how each assessment is structured and what to expect,
- links to useful documents that you should familiarise yourself with before attempting to create your own assignments,
- suggestions on financial planning tools that could be useful when constructing assignments:
- Such as asset allocation and risk assessment tools.
- three guidance modules on how to approach each of the AF8 assignments,
- frequently asked candidate questions with BTS answers.
Key features of BTS AF8 e-Learning:
- Personal login area for 24/7 access to your online e-Learning materials.
- The system is fully mobile responsive, allowing you to learn on the go.
- Analysis of and key learns from CII AF8 exemplars.
- Activities around assignment construction.
Recommended study plan
Passing AF8 needs a different approach when it comes to your study plan. This is a challenging unit because it is based around three assignments that must be constructed, submitted, marked, and passed within a 12-month period. There is little examining body guidance around what good looks like, due to the perils of plagiarising.
The BTS AF8 study plan aims to set you up for first time exam success.
- First, we recommend candidates work through a study guide. The CII AF8 Study Guide is a compulsory purchase in this unit. As a result, BTS have not designed their own version. BTS cannot comment on other providers materials, however we would suggest this is where candidates start their study plan.
- After self-study, the next step is to work through the AF8 e-Learning module.
- This is based on an introduction module which covers how this assignment-based exam works and how it should be approached (to the best of BTS’ experience).
- There are three modules based on each of the three assignments.
- Each module sets out the basis of each assignment, do’s and don’t in terms of style and layout, plus frequently asked candidate questions and BTS answers.