This workshop has been designed for students who have completed their R01 initial studies, and are ready to fortify their knowledge in the time leading up to their R01 exam.
It's an opportunity to receive input from a qualified trainer in a virtual classroom environment. The trainer will have sat the exam, and can help you to get your knowledge and question-application skills to where they need to be. You will also be able to clarify relevant points and share your learning with other students.
Whilst we can't cover all of the Learning Outcomes in two days, experience has taught us which ones to focus on to make an exam pass most likely.
The R01 exam is made up of 11 Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the UK financial services industry in its European and global context
(6 standard format questions)
- Understand how the retail customer is served by the financial services industry
(12 standard format questions)
- Understand legal concepts and considerations relevant to financial advice
(9 standard format questions)
- Understand the regulation of financial services
(6 standard format questions)
- Understand the financial regulators’ responsibilities and approach to regulation
(29 standard format questions)
- Apply the principles and rules as set out in the regulatory framework
(4 standard format questions, 5 multiple-response format questions)
- Apply the regulatory advice framework in practice for the consumer
(5 standard format questions, 8 multiple-response format questions)
- Understand the range of skills required when advising clients
(4 standard format questions)
- Understand the financial regulators’ use of principles and outcomes-based regulation to promote ethical and fair outcomes
(7 standard format questions)
- Apply the Code of Ethics and professional standards to business behaviours of individuals
(2 standard format questions)
- Critically evaluate the outcomes that distinguish between ethical and compliance driven behaviours
(3 standard format questions)
The R01 Revision Workshop concentrates on some of the key exam areas that are essential for an exam pass:
- Learning Outcome 4. Understand the regulation of financial services
- Learning Outcome 5. Understand the financial regulators’ responsibilities and approach to regulation
- Learning Outcome 6. Apply the principles and rules as set out in the regulatory framework
- Learning Outcome 7. Apply the regulatory advice framework in practice for the consumer
Delegates will also receive:
- practice tests, so they can apply the learning
- a specimen exam to help prepare for the exam and highlight areas for further revision.
- crib sheets to help revise in the days before the exam
The trainer will spend a lot of time using slides and a 'virtual flipchart' to explain the key concepts. They will also discuss exam-style questions and exam techniques.
The workshops are very intense, and people usually feel their brains are very full afterwards. The key is to get everything written down and then just keep going over it!
To get the maximum benefit from this workshop, delegates will need to have studied their R01 study guide before they attend.
To attend the workshop you will need:
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device with a microphone and web-cam
- A quiet environment in which to carry out the various practice questions that we will be completing throughout the workshop
- Somewhere where you can work undisturbed between 9:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 4:30 on each day