This workshop has been designed for students who have completed their R03 initial studies, and are ready to fortify their knowledge in the time leading up to their R03 exam.
It's an opportunity to receive input from a qualified trainer in a virtual classroom environment. The trainer will have sat the exam, and can help you to get your knowledge and question-application skills to where they need to be. You will also be able to clarify relevant points and share your learning with other students.
Whilst we can't cover all of the Learning Outcomes in two days, experience has taught us which subjects to focus on to make an exam pass most likely.
The R03 exam is made up of four Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the UK tax system as relevant to the needs and circumstances of individuals and trusts
(15 standard format questions)
- Analyse the taxation of investments as relevant to the needs and circumstances of individuals and trusts
(8 standard format questions, 7 multiple response questions)
- Analyse the role and relevance of tax in the financial affairs of individuals and trusts
(6 standard format questions, 4 multiple response questions)
- Apply the knowledge of personal taxation to the provision of investment advice
(10 standard format questions)
The R03 Revision Workshop concentrates on some of the key exam areas that are essential for an exam pass:
- Income tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Direct Investments
- Indirect Investments
- Inheritance Tax
- Stamp Duties
Delegates will also receive:
- practice tests, so they can apply the learning
- a specimen exam to help prepare for the exam and highlight areas for further revision.
- crib sheets to help revise in the days before the exam
The trainer will spend a lot of time using slides and a 'virtual flipchart' to explain the key concepts. They will also discuss exam-style questions and exam techniques.
The workshops are very intense, and people usually feel their brains are very full afterwards. The key is to get everything written down and then just keep going over it!
To get the maximum benefit from this workshop, delegates will need to have studied their R03 study guide before they attend.
To attend the workshop you will need:
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device with a microphone and web-cam
- A quiet environment in which to carry out the various practice questions that we will be completing throughout the workshop
- Somewhere where you can work undisturbed between 9:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 4:30 on each day