This workshop has been designed for students who have completed their R04 initial studies, and are ready to fortify their knowledge in the time leading up to their R04 exam.
It's an opportunity to receive input from a qualified trainer in a virtual classroom environment. The trainer will have sat the exam, and can help you to get your knowledge and question-application skills to where they need to be. You will also be able to clarify relevant points and share your learning with other students.
Whilst we can't cover all of the Learning Outcomes in two days, experience has taught us which ones to focus on to make an exam pass most likely.
The R04 exam is made up of eight Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the political, economic and social environment factors which provide the context for pensions planning
(5 standard format questions)
- Understand how the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) tax regime applies to pensions planning
(10 standard format questions)
- Understand the relevant aspects of pensions law and regulation to pensions planning
(4 standard format questions)
- Understand the structure, characteristics and application of Defined Benefit (DB) schemes to an individual’s pension planning
(7 standard format questions)
- Analyse the range of Defined Contribution (DC) scheme options as they apply to an individual’s pension planning
(4 standard format questions, 2 multiple response questions)
- Analyse the options and factors to consider for drawing pension benefits
(5 standard format, 4 multiple response questions)
- Explain the structure, relevance and application of State Schemes to an individual’s pension planning
(4 standard format questions)
- Evaluate the aims and objectives of retirement planning, including the relevant investment issues
(5 multiple response questions)
The R04 Revision Workshop concentrates on some of the key exam areas that are essential for an exam pass:
- Learning Outcome 2. Understand how the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) tax regime applies to pensions planning
- Learning Outcome 4. Understand the structure, characteristics and application of Defined Benefit (DB) schemes to an individual's pension planning
- Learning Outcome 6. Analyse the options and factors to consider for drawing pension benefits
Delegates will also receive:
- practice tests, so they can apply the learning
- a specimen exam to help prepare for the exam and highlight areas for further revision.
- crib sheets to help revise in the days before the exam
The trainer will spend a lot of time using slides and a 'virtual flipchart' to explain the key concepts. They will also discuss exam-style questions and exam techniques.
The workshops are very intense, and people usually feel their brains are very full afterwards. The key is to get everything written down and then just keep going over it!
To get the maximum benefit from this workshop, delegates will need to have studied their R04 study guide before they attend.
To attend the workshop you will need:
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device with a microphone and web-cam
- A quiet environment in which to carry out the various practice questions that we will be completing throughout the workshop
- Somewhere where you can work undisturbed between 9:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 4:30 on each day